What brings you to this blog about how to make a sweatshirt bigger is whether you have recently bought a new sweatshirt or have a favorite one that got a bit smaller.
In this blog, we'll be going through how to make a sweatshirt bigger. Making a sweatshirt bigger can be of use at any time, as there are a lot of chances that you have a few sweatshirts in your closet.
Ways to make your sweatshirt bigger:
To end your search for ways to make your sweatshirt bigger and help you accomplish your goal of making your sweatshirt comfy, here are 5 amazing hacks to make your sweatshirt bigger easily and effectively:
One of the easiest ways available for you to make your sweatshirt bigger is by stretching your sweatshirt. Stretching your sweatshirt is the easiest yet the most effective way to make your sweatshirt bigger.
Here are a few ways you can stretch your sweatshirt:
You can easily stretch your sweatshirt by simply dipping it in warm water or using fabric stretching spray and then stretching areas in which you want to make more room.
Wear and stretch
It is the most simple way to stretch as it just involves wearing the sweatshirt so that it stretches according to the size of the body.
The hanging stretch method involves hanging your sweatshirt in a wider hanger so that it gently stretches downward due to gravity.
In steam stretching, you use a clothes steamer or a steam iron on low heat to the bottom of the sweatshirt. It helps to relax fibre, making it easier to stretch the fabric.
Washing and drying
You may have noticed that your outfits become bigger once you wash them. It's because of the fabric stretch that happens when we wash clothes. However, this mostly depends upon the fabrics the clothes are made up of.
To make your sweatshirt bigger by washing and drying, you can follow the following steps:
- Get a sink or basin with some lukewarm water into it and completely dip your sweatshirt . Also, add some mild detergent or conditioner to it.
- Let the sweatshirt be dipped in water for around thirty minutes or about an hour.
- Now remove the water and again add some cool water in order to rinse the detergent or conditioner.
- Next,get the sweatshirt out of the water and gently wring out any excess water in the sweatshirt.
- Then, place the sweatshirt flat on the plane surface and gently stretch your sweatshirt in all directions using your hand with a focus on particular areas where it's tight.
- Air dry the sweatshirt, and make sure you stretch it occasionally as it dries.
Use of fabric softener
The use of fabric softener is another way that can make your sweatshirt bigger. Household substances such as baby shampoo, hair conditioner, baking soda and vinegar also work to stretch out clothes when they are mixed with water.
So, how do you use fabric softener or other household substances to stretch fabrics and make your sweatshirt bigger?
The steps are quite similar to those we followed while washing and drying; the difference comes while adding the fabric softener or other household substances
If you are using conditioner or fabric softener to make a solution, mix up to a quarter of a cup into water and make the solution.
In case you are using baby shampoo, add a few cups of shampoo according to the size of your sweatshirt and make sure the shampoo is well-soaked by the sweatshirt.
If you're using baking soda and vinegar, then you need to follow some additional steps while adding them into water. Let me make it clear through the following points.
- First, you need to prepare a mix by adding around 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 liter of hot water. Then submerge your sweatshirt into the solution when the baking soda is completely dissolved.
- Make sure you don't drain and wring the sweatshirt, but remove excess water. Gently stretch the sweatshirt in the areas you want, and then let the garment soak in the solution again for an hour, and you can drain the water.
- Now prepare another solution by mixing around 0.25 liters of white vinegar with one liter of warm water and then keep the sweatshirt in the solution. The effects of baking soda and vinegar solution will help to soften fabric and stretch.
Cutting and sewing
The other way to make your sweatshirt is by the means of cutting and sewing. There are a few options you can make your sweatshirt bigger by cutting and sewing, but it can definitely give you some permanent solution to your question about how to make your sweatshirt bigger.
The most common ways to make your sweatshirt bigger through cutting and sewing are as follows:
You can sew fabric panels to the side of your sweatshirt to give it an extra width. Fabric panels that match your sweatshirt color and style will make it look more seamless and attractive.
Gussets are diamond-shaped or triangular fabric pieces that can be added to side seams to enlarge the width of a sweatshirt. You can sew fabric gussets into the sweatshirt side as well as the underarms.
Still, trying to decide whether you can make your sweatshirt bigger by following the steps above? Then, a permanent solution you can have is by making professional alterations.
You can take your favourite sweatshirt or the new one that you want to make bigger to a tailor and make alterations to make the sweatshirt a perfect fit for you.
Professional alterations will help you make your sweatshirt as per your exact measurements, making it a more comfy fit.
A final and Easy Solution
In addition to how to make your sweatshirt bigger, let me also tell you where you can find some amazing sweatshirts so that the next time you buy one, you get the exact size you like.
One Charlie Kilo offers you some amazing options for your sweatshirt search. With multiple categories in clothing and accessories, your search for the perfect sweatshirt can come to an end at One Charlie Kilo.